2 Large onions
1/4 cup butter
1 Small Cauliflower (Cleaned and cut into pieces)
600ml Chicken Stock
Salt and pepper
1 Bay Leaf
250ml Sour cream
1 Large Chorizo sausage (taken out of casing and sliced)
Chopped parsley for decoration
- Fry onion in butter until soft.
- Add cauliflower florets to the onion and cook with lid on for 5 mins.
- Add stock and milk and bring to the boil.
- Add spices
- Add chopped chorizo
- Cover and simmer for 30 – 40 mins.
- Remove bay leaf.
- Place soup in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Place back in the saucepan and add sour cream and reheat (don’t allow to boil)
- Decorate with parsley.
- Serve with a low carb bread.
Recipe adapted by Janine Meyburgh from orginal recipe published in Still Cooking the Grey Way, Volume 2 (2009), page 12, by Frances Arndt.