- 1 Cup Coconut Milk
- 40 g Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 25 g Coconut Flour (Good substitute, make your own – grind desiccated coconut in a coffee grinder)
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Xylitol
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Mascarpone or strawberries and cream to serve
- Preheat oven to 180 C
- Place coconut milk, desiccated coconut, eggs, vanilla extract, flour, butter and xylitol in a blender. Blitz until well combined. The mixture may appear to curdle, but this is normal.
- Pour into a greased pie dish. Sprinkle nutmeg on top and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- To Serve: Sprinkle a little extra nutmeg over the top and serve with Mascarpone or strawberries and cream to serve
Tip: For a fruity flavour, stir 1/4 cups mixed fresh berries or defrosted frozen berries into the batter before baking.
Kathy White’s Coconut Pie recipe, has become a firm family favourite. I would like to thank the Lose It, Food Journalist, Justine Kiggen, Kathy White and The Lose It Magazine for the inspiration. The recipe was published in Lose It, Volume 7, Page 75.